Sunday, November 9, 2008

Nacho Chicken Bake

Sunday dinner made simple. This Nacho Chicken Bake is another favorite in this house. In fact, I heard two members of my family say, “Oh, my favorite.” when this came out of the oven. Of course if I were serving up fettuccine Alfredo or lasagna I’d hear the same thing. It’s one of my favorites because it requires so little effort. I should have had someone time me, but I estimate the prep time on this yummy dish to be between 5 and 10 minutes. You only have to chop one ingredient and the rest of the ingredients are just dumped, stirred, spread, and baked.

First, I crunch up about 8 cups of Doritos. I use the baked ones. You don’t lose much on the flavor, but you certainly cut a lot of calories. Next, I spray the bottom of a 9 x 13 in. baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Then I spread the chips over the bottom of the dish.

In a bowl, I mix the chicken, soup, picante sauce, shredded cheese, chopped onion, and green chilies

Now just pour the mixture over the chips and spread.

Sprinkle the top with additional cheese and bake.


I serve this dish with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, and a little sour cream.


Nacho Chicken Bake

8 cups Baked Doritos
2 cans cream of chicken soup (I use the 98% fat free)
1- 10 oz. can of chunk white chicken
1 cup picante sauce
1 cup shredded cheddar
1 medium onion, chopped
1-4 oz can diced green chilies
Additional cheese to top casserole

Arrange the chips in the bottom of a greased 13 x 9 baking dish. Combine the next six ingredients. Pour over the chips and spread evenly. Sprinkle with additional cheese. Bake at 325 degrees for 40-45 minutes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am making this easy one tomorrow after school since I have a meeting and then do Zumba.
Could I use Bake doritos scoops? Or should I buy the ones with the zesty nacho flavor?

Krista said...

I've only used the nacho ones, but it's such a flavorful dish that I assume the scoops would work fine.

Zumba, huh? That looks fun!

Good luck. Let me know how it turns out!

Related Posts with Thumbnails