Thursday, December 4, 2008

Turkey Tetrazzini



I got a raised eyebrow as my husband glanced at the seemingly bottomless bag of leftover turkey. "Turkey again?" he asked. "Yep. This is the last night, I swear," I promised. And it was. We are officially finished with turkey for the season! That said, this dish was a good way to go out. It was low-fat, creamy, turkey goodness. Second helpings were served. My family was smiling. What? I'm serious.

Here's how it came together.

First, I sauteed 2 cups of sliced mushrooms in a tablespoon of butter.

Then I added about 1/2 cup of light cream cheese spread. That's the stuff in the tub that you put on your bagel. You could use the kind in block form too if that's what you've got.


Next, I added a cup of chicken broth.


Stir everything together and bring it to a boil. Then reduce the heat and simmer until slightly thickened, about 7-10 minutes.


Now add 2-3 cups of cut up turkey and 1 cup of thawed peas.


Stir and heat through. Now is a good time to taste and season a little. I added a little garlic salt and pepper.


Cook up 1 cup of egg noodles and toss with the turkey mixture and you've got dinner.


Turkey Tetrazzini

2 cups of sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup light cream cheese spread
1 cup of chicken broth
1 cup of peas, thawed
2-3 cups cooked turkey, chopped
1 cup uncooked egg noodles
salt and pepper

Saute the mushrooms in the butter until tender. Add cream cheese spread and broth. Stir until smooth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cook 7-10 minutes until slightly thickened. Add the turkey and peas. Cook until heated through. Toss with cooked egg noodles.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails