Friday, April 10, 2009

Friday Funny: My Onions Are Shrinking!

We have one more day of vacation. After 8 hours on the road, we've stopped for the night in Charlotte, NC. I thought I'd share a little humor in this, my final "post from the road".



There is no shortage of garlic in our household. If you're interested in reading about some of the benefits of garlic, check out my Savory Shredded Pork post. Go ahead and scroll through the "rant" section, and eventually you'll hit the nutritional info. Or check out "extreme garlic usage" with this Garlic Herb Roasted Chicken recipe.

So, we're garlic enthusiasts. My one year old actually breaks into the pantry and enjoys chewing garlic cloves. That is some bad baby breath, people!

A couple of weeks ago, my four year old threw open the pantry door, no doubt to look for a snack, and caught sight of a garlic bulb. I heard her say in a hushed tone, with disbelief in her voice, "Oh. My. Gosh!"

I kept unloading the dishwasher, wondering what had shocked her.

Then she yelled across the kitchen, "Mom! Your onions are shrinking! YOUR ONIONS ARE SHRINKING! Come look!"

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails