Sunday, January 9, 2011

Meal Plan and Grocery List 1/10-1/16...Easing Back Into a Good Habit

THE MEAL PLAN IS BACK! It's hard to believe that I haven't posted a meal plan since November. Time sure does fly during the holidays (at least for me)! Here's to a year of delicious (and mostly healthy) dinners! Below you will find my first meal plan of 2011. Be sure to click the links provided to obtain recipes for the meals I have already featured on this blog. The rest of them, the new ones, I will post throughout the week. I'm roasting a chicken on Wednesday, so on Thursday and Friday I'll be making meals with the leftover chicken (one of my favorite tricks for stretching 1 meal into 3!)

Alrighty, here goes...

Monday January 10th

Dinner Out

Well isn't this an easy start to my first meal plan of 2011? I have a good excuse, though. It's my daughter's birthday and she wants to go out for pizza. Stay tuned for my post about her birthday party tomorrow.

Tuesday January 11th

Crispy Orange Beef Stir Fry

Wednesday January 12th

Balsamic Roast Chicken

Thursday January 13th

Barbecue Bacon Ranch Chicken Salad Sandwiches (or dip!)

Friday January 14th

New Mexico Style Pizza

Saturday January 15th

Crock Pot Brats with Sauerkrat

Sunday January 16th

Leftovers



Grocery List


Produce

ginger
garlic
green onions
2 oranges
2 red onions
sweet red pepper
cilantro
onion

Meat

3 lbs. flank steak
1 whole roasting chicken 6-7 lbs.
4 slices bacon
1-1/2 lb. bratwurst

Dairy

Monterrey Jack or Mexican blend shredded cheese
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
reduced fat sour cream

Canned Goods

soy sauce
hoisin sauce
honey
rice vinegar
sesame oil
cooking oil
dry red wine
balsamic vinegar
barbecue sauce
ranch dressing
salsa verde
lime juice
32 oz. sauerkraut

Dry Goods

corn starch
rice
red pepper flakes
crushed rosemary
1- Italian bread shell pizza crust (or refrigerated pizza dough)
cumin
oregano
brown sugar
hot dog buns

Freezer

whole kernel corn, 1/2 cup

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails