Sunday, July 10, 2011

Meal Plan and Grocery List 7/11- 7/17

I realize that my meal plan went on summer break when school let out for the summer. Now that we're facing our busiest week yet this summer (Both children are enrolled in vacation bible school and I am in charge of organizing the snacks all week for 172 kiddos, plus we have swim lessons every evening and I have a couple of meetings this week too!), I thought it was time I revisited the meal plan. Hopefully this meal plan will keep me on track to provide healthy meals all week and I can resist the temptation to hit the drive-thru on the way home every night. Also, since my posts have been few and far between this summer, I'm hoping that this re-newed focus cooking and the groceries in my fridge and pantry will give me something to share with all of you!

Monday July 11th

Zucchini Ribbon Primavera

Tuesday July 12th

Chicken and Tortellini Salad

Wednesday July 13th

Beef Brisket BBQ with Easy Crisp Cucumber Salad

Thursday July 14th

Leftovers

Friday July 15th

Chicken Skewers with Cool Avocado Sauce

Saturday July 16th

Farmers' Market Salad

Sunday July 17th

Leftovers again. : )

Grocery List

Produce

shallots
garlic
5 zucchini
carrots
2 red bell peppers
1 green pepper
basil (1/2 cup, loosely packed)
celery
2 red onions
lime
avocado
cilantro
onion
2 cucumbers
8 radishes
tomato
1 lb. green beans

Deli

1/3 cup kalamata olives

Meat

2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
4 lb. beef brisket
3 strips bacon

Dairy

3 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
Parmesan cheese
9-10 oz. fresh tortellini
light or fat-free sour cream
crumbled feta cheese with tomato and basil (Athenos)
sour cream
milk
4 eggs

Canned Goods

3-1/4 cups chicken or vegetable stock
3/4 cup dry white wine
olive oil
cider vinegar
honey
vegetable
Dijon mustard
lime juice (preferably fresh- add to produce list if you choose to purchase and juice limes)
balsamic vinegar
chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
ketchup
1 can beer
white vinegar
Worcestershire sauce
liquid smoke
Italian Dressing

Dry Goods

spaghetti - whole grain if you prefer
basil
garlic powder
parsley
chili powder
paprika
oregano
cornstarch
brown sugar
hamburger buns
Ranch dressing mix

Have a wonderful week everyone!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails